The Psychology major explores multiple perspectives of human action and behavior. Students learn to conduct research and to evaluate other’s research with the goal of increasing our understanding of human nature. The psychology major is designed to prepare the student for the next step after undergraduate studies, whether it is immediate employment or graduate school. The degree includes a choice of concentrations in Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, or Industrial-Organizational Psychology.
Upon completion of your program, you’ll have the skills and expertise needed to:
- Identify, describe, and communicate the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology
- Design, implement, and communicate basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretations
- Use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and a scientific approach to address issues related to behavior and mental processes
- Apply psychological principles to individual, interpersonal, group, and societal issues
- Value empirical evidence, tolerate ambiguity, act ethically, and recognize your role and responsibility as a member of society
Why Choose JFK University?
2020欧洲杯体育平台Since 1965, John F. Kennedy University has been providing higher education to lifelong adult learners in the Bay Area and beyond. Here are just a few benefits of enrolling at JFK University:
- Private nonprofit university
- Accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Campus, online, and FlexCourse℠ on-demand online programs
- Locations in Pleasant Hill and San Jose, CA
- Experienced faculty who are practitioners in their fields
- Service learning and internship opportunities
It’s About Tradition
John F. Kennedy University is an accredited nonprofit institution that has been preparing working adults to advance their careers and communities for over 50 years. Offering a variety of innovative, flexible degree programs, we make it possible for busy adults from various walks of life to realize personal and professional growth. We’re committed to providing the full range of support each student needs to change their lives and communities for the better.
The best way to make a change is getting a
– Mark, John F. Kennedy University College of Law Student
Transfer Pathway from California Community Colleges
Are you currently completing your associate’s degree and seeking a head start on your bachelor’s? JFKU offers direct transfer pathways from California Community Colleges to our BA Psychology program. This pathway offers:
- Guaranteed admission for an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) student who meets admissions requirements
- Guaranteed minimum 60 semester/90 units transferred (we waive all general education units)
- Guaranteed start at junior standing
The Bachelor of Arts degree requires a minimum of 120 semester hours of study. Students in this program must complete 54 units of core General Education courses, 42 units within their chosen major, and 24 units of courses from an academic concentration. Transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 units of study at JFKU Online powered by FlexCourse℠. The Below listed curriculum covers the 42 semester units from the academic major.
- General Education Requirement - 54
- Major - 42
- Academic Minor/Concentration - 24
- Total Semester Units - 120